Electromotive Force Worksheet
The short form of Electromotive force is EMF. According to the law of Faraday “EMF” is a voltage generated by a magnetic force. But in classic physical sense EMF is not a force as it is measured in term of volt, not Newton.
External Work expanded per unit of charge to produce an electrical potential difference accross two open-circuited terminal is known as Electromotive force.
Here, you can find some questions related to “Electromotive force” and their answers:
1. The emf of a galvanic cell with electrode potentials of Al equal to -1.66 V and that of Mg equal to -0.54 V, is:
(a) +1.12 V
(b) -1.12 V
(c) +0.44 V
(d) -0.44 V
2. The electrode potentials of half-cell reactions are . The emf of the cell is:
(a) +0.35 V
(b) -1.17 V
(c) -0.35 V
(d) +1.17 V
3. The mathematical equation,
where Q is reaction quotient is called:
(a) Hemmet equation
(b) Finkelstein equation
(c) Helmholtz equation
(d) Nernst equation
4. Which of the following conditions will increase the voltage of the cell, represented by the reaction,
(a) increase in the concentration of Ag+ ions
(b) increase in the dimensions of silver electrode
(c) increase in the dimensions of copper electrode
(d) increase in the concentration of ions
5. A cell is constituted as follows:
The pH of two acid solutions is 5 and 3, respectively. The emf of the cell is:
6. The emf of a galvanic cell with electrode potentials of silver equal to +0.80 V and that of copper equal to + 0.34 V is:
(a) +0.4 V
(b) +2.34 V
(c) -0.46 V
(d) -1.14 V
1.(b) 2. (b) 3. (d) 4. (a) 5. (c) 6. (a)
- Spontaneity, Randomness & Nature of driving force Spontaneity and Randomness Careful examination shows that in each of...
- Intermolecular Force Intermolecular Force. Intermolecular Force between the atoms , molecules of...
- Worksheet on Gibb’s Free Energy A thermodynamic potential that measures the process-initiating work obtained from...
- Worksheet on Order of reaction The sum of powers to which the concentration terms are...
- Solutions for Radiactivity Questions Here are some questions related to Radioactivity with their solutions:...