Ostwald law worksheet
Ostwald law shows the relationship between the dissociation constant and degree of dissociation of a weak electrolytes. This relationship is only approximate but is sufficiently accurate to be practically useful.
In this article you can find some questions related to “Ostwald Law” and their answers:
1. Hydrogen ion concentration of 0.2 M which is 40% dissociated is:
(a) 0.08 M
(b) 0.12 M
(c) 0.8 M
(d) 0.4 M
2. In the reaction; when is added, then
(a) concentration of decreases
(b) concentration of increases
(c) is precipitated
(d) no action takes places
3. The degree of dissociation of 0.01 M solution of formic acid is :
4. The ionization constant of acetic acid is What concentration of it will be dissociated to 2%?
(a) 0.018 M
(b) 1 M
(c) 0.045 M
(d) 0.18 M
5. The dissociation constants of acids HA and HB are respectively. The ratio of the strength HA and HB will be:
(a) 4 : 1
(b) 1 : 4
(c) 16 : 1
(d) 1 : 16
6. If the acids HA and HB have dissociation constants respectively, then:
(a) HA is five times stronger than HB
(b) HA is ten times stronger than HB
(c) HA is ten times weaker than HB
(d) HA is five times weaker than HB
7. The Ostawald’s dilution law is expressed as:
8. A 0.004 M solution of is isotonic with a 0.01 M solution of glucose at the same temperature. The degree of ionizaton of is:
1.(a) 2. (b) 3. (b) 4. (c) 5. (a)
6. (b) 7. (a) 8. (b)
- Ostwald’s Dilution Law Ostwald’s dilution law is the application of the law of...
- Distribution law Distribution law According to Nernst’s Distribution law (1891) or Partition...
- Henderson’s Equation Henderson derived an equation to calculate the pH value of...
- Group Displacement Law Worksheet Group displacement law, series, units, number of Group displacement law...
- Dalton’s law Worksheet Dalton’s law states that, “The total pressure exerted by a...