Resonance can be defined as a way of defining delocalized electons with certain polyatomic ions and molecules, where bonding can’t be epressed by Lewis formula. Resonance is also a key component of valence bond theory.
Some questions and their answers related to resonance are listed below:
1. Which is not true about resonance:
(a) Here arrangement of atoms is same.
(b) Resonating structures are shown by
(c) Resonating structures differ in distribution
(d) Resonance decreases stability
2. Which in not correct resonating structure of CO:
3. Canonical structures are possible for:
4. Which is most stable structure of
(a) O = C = O
(d) All are equally stable
1.(d) 2. (d) 3. (a) 4. (a)
- Resonance Resonance There are a number of the molecules and ions...
- Group Displacement Law Worksheet Group displacement law, series, units, number of Group displacement law...
- Pauli Exclusion Principle worksheet Pauli Exclusion Principle plays an important role to explain a...
- Wave Nature of Electron worksheet Wave nature of electron worksheet Einstein (1905) suggested that light...
- Fundamental Particles of Atom Worksheet Fundamental particles of atom Atom is a small unit of...