Worksheet based on Electro-Chemistry
The study of chemical reaction that takes place in a solution with the interface of an electron conductor and ionic conductor is known as Electro-chemistry.
Here, you can find some questions related to “Electro-chemistry” and their answers:
1. During the electrolysis of aqueous nitric acid solution using Pt electrodes:
(a) is liberated at the anode
(b) is liberated at the anode
(c) is liberated at the anode
(d) is liberated at the cathode
2. During the electrolysis of;
(a) Nitrogen gas is evolved at the cathode
(b) Calcium deposits at the anode
(c) Calcium deposits at the cathode
(d) Oxygen gas is evolved at the anode
3. How many Faradays are required to reduce one mole of ?
4. The function of a salt bridge is to:
(a) Eliminate liquid-junction potential where the ions are present in large excess at the junction
(b) Decrease the cell potential at the negative electrode
(c) Eliminate the impurities present in the electrolyte
(d) Increase the cell potential at the positive electrode
5. The potential difference of the Weston cell at 25° C is:
(a) 1.018 V
(c) 1.500 V
6. KCI can not be used as a salt bridge for the cell because:
(a) gas a evolved
(c) AgCl gets
(d) None of the above – )
7. Which of the following statements is correct in the contest of a battery ?
(a) The stored energy is released during the redo reaction.
(b) It is an electrochemical cell
(c) It is used as a source of energy
(d) All of these
8. Which of the following equations is correct in the context of Kohlrausch’s law?
9. Indicate the correct expression:
10. The units of ionic mobility are:
11. The hydrogen electrode is dipped in a solution of at 25° C The potential of the cell would be (the value of 2.303 RT/F is 0.059 V).
12. Depolariser used in cells is:
13. Which is an example of corrosion:
(a) Tarnishing of silver
(b) Rusting of iron
(c) Development of a green coating on
14. KCl can not be used in salt bridge for the cell it is because:
(a) gas is evolved
(b) gets hydrolysed
(c) AgCl gets precipitated
(d) None of the above
15. In the electroplating of nickel over an article made of iron, the electrolyte generally used is:
(d) May be
16. At what value of cell constant, the specific conductance and conductance of a solution is same:
17. If a strip of copper metal be dipped in a solution of ferrous sulphate:
(a) Copper and iron both will be dissolved
(b) Copper will precipitate out
(c) Iron will precipitate out
(d) No reaction will occur.
18. In the reaction:
(a) Cu(s) is oxidised to
(b) is oxidised to Ag(s)
(c) Both Cu(s) and are oxidised
(d) Cu(s) is reduced to
19. The correct way to representing Daniel cell is:
20. Point out the incorrect statement:
(a) Standard electrode potential electrode is zero
(b) An electrochemical cell is a device which converts chemical energy into electrical energy
(c) A salt bridge is used to eliminate liquid junction potential of hydrogen
(d) Calomel electrode is not used as a reference electrode
21. From the half cell potential values,
Volt the emf of the cell,
(a) +1.136 Volt
(b) +0.462 Volt
(c) -1.136 Volt
(d) -0.462 Volt
22. In electrochemical series, are placed:
(a) Only non-metal elements
(b) Only metal elements
(c) Both metal and non-metal
(d) Metals & hydrogen
23. Among bromine can oxidise:
(d) All of these
24. An apparatus used for the measurement of quantity of electricity is known as:
25. 1 Faraday of electricity will give 1 gm atom from which of the solution:
1.(c) 2. (d) 3. (b) 4. (a) 5. (a)
6. (c) 7. (d) 8. (a) 9. (a) 10. (c)
11. (a) 12. (a) 13. (d) 14. (c) 15. (c)
16. (b) 17. (d) 18. (a) 19. (b) 20. (d)
21. (b) 22. (c) 23. (a) 24. (c) 25. (a)
- Worksheet on Electrode potential The electromotive force of a cell built on two electrodes...
- Electromotive Force Worksheet The short form of Electromotive force is EMF. According to...
- Electrolytic Conduction Worksheet Those conduction which involve the movement of ions is called...
- Introduction to Electrochemistry The branch of chemistry in which we study the relationship...
- Electrochemistry worksheet The branch of chemistry that deals with the study of...