Worksheet on Features of Solids
Solids are classified into 2 groups. They are Crystalline solid and Amorphous solid.
Crystaline solids includes those solids which has regular and nearly regular crystalline structures. Example of crystalline solid is sugar.
Amorphous solids are those solids which are not organized in a definite lattice pattern. Example of Amorphous solids are glass, plastic and gel.
In this article you can find some questions related to Feature of solids and their answers:
1. Which of the following is not a feature of solids?
(a) definite mass and volume
(b) frequent fluidity
(d) definite shape
2. Which of the following is characteristic of amorphous solids?
(a) have non-orderly or very short range order arrangement
(b) show isotropy
(c) have tendency to undergo irregular cleavage
(d) All of these
3. Which of the following is not a property of crystalline solids?
(b) have sharp melting point
(c) have anisotropic nature
(d) have long range orderly arrangement
4. Which of the following contains non crystalline solids pair?
(a) diamond, wood
(b) glass, table salt
(c) wood, glass
(d) sucrose, glass
5. Which is a molecular solid?
(d) all of these
6. Which type of solids are generally good conductors of electricity here:
7. Among the following which is crystalline solids?
8. Which of the following has hexagonal structure?
(b) sodium chloride
(d) both (a) and (c)
9. The total number of crystal systems and the number of Bravais lattices are respectively:
(a) 7, 7
(b) 7, 14
(c) 14, 14
(d) 9, 16
10. Out of seven crystal systems how many can have body centered unit cell?
11. Among the following unit cells given below, which has highest symmetry?
12. In which of the following crystal systems the end-centred unit cell exists?
(d) all of these
13. If A, B, C are unequal and are unequal and not . It represents:
(a) triclinic system
1.(b) 2. (d) 3. (a) 4. (c) 5. (d)
6. (a) 7. (c) 8. (c) 9. (b) 10. (c)
11. (a) 12. (a) 13. (a)
- Crystalline and Amorphous Solids Differences between Crystalline and Amorphous Solids (i) Characteristic Geometry: In...
- Characteristics of Solid State Characteristics of the Solid State The solids are characterized by...
- Crystalline state Crystalline state “A crystal is a solid composed of atoms...
- Worksheet on Defects of Crystalline Solids A crystaline solid is a solid material which contains atoms,...
- Magnetic Properties of Solids Magnetic Properties of Solids Solids can be divided into different...