Applications of Adsorption
Importance or Applications of Adsorption:
Some of the important applications of adsorption are as follows:
(1) In the preparation of gas masks using activated charcoal to avoid poisonous gases like etc.
(2) Froth floatation method used for concentration of sulphide ores is based on adsorption.
(3) Silica gel can be used to remove moisture and to control humidity.
(4) Ion exchange method used to soften water is based on adsorption.
(5) Adsorption chromatography is used to purify and separate pigments, harmones etc.
(6) Charcoal powder can remove coloured impurities from sugar.
(7) Charcoal is used for making high vacuum.
(8) The cleaning action of soaps and detergents.
(9) Formation of stable emulsions in cosmetics and syrups etc.
(10) In heterogeneous catalysis.
- Adsorption The phenomenon of adsorption was introduced by Scheele during the...
- Adsorption worksheet Adhesion of atoms, ions, biomolecules or molecules of a gas,...
- Langmuir Adsorption Isotherm Langmuir Adsorption Isotherm: According to Langmuir Adsorption Isotherm: ...
- Factors Affecting Adsorption Adsorption of gases on solid surface depends upon: (1) Nature...
- Freundlich Adsorption Isotherm Freundlich Adsorption Isotherm: According to him: (i) At low pressure:...