The Gas Equation
If Boyle’s and Charle’s law are combined, then
PV = RT (R = gas constant)
Or PV = nRT
Gas equation PV = RT is for one mole of gas. For n moles of gas this equation is nRT, and is known as Ideal Gas Equation. (n = m/M, m =mass of the gas and M =molar mass of the gas).
Nature of R:
From gas equation:
Thus, R represents work done per degree per mole and is expressed in (in SI units).
Value of R:
The value of R may be calculated by substituting the values of P, V and T in gas equation.
In SI units, p = , Hence
- Worksheet on Van der Waals Equation Van der Waals equation was derived by Johannes Diderik van...
- Liquefaction of Gas Liquefication of gas is the process of converting gas into...
- Exact differential equation Exact differential equation A differential equation is a equation used...
- Application of Differential Equation Application of Differential Equation Differential equation can be defined...
- Bernoulli’s Equation The Bernoulli’s differential equation is written in the form :...