How to solve Unknown encoder ‘libmp3lame’ problem in linux.
Unknown encoder ‘libmp3lame’ problem:
WinFF is a cross platform GUI for the command line video converter. WinFF is great to work with ; if you want to convert videos and musics from almost all format to any other format.
I also tried converting a flac audio file to mp3 , so that I can use the file in my musics player.
I tried converting the media from ubuntu 11.10 , But I got the following error:
Unknown encoder ‘libmp3lame’
I tried researching the issue , and found that the MP3 encoder “libmp3lame” is not supported by pre-compiled ffmpeg which I downloaded from ubuntu software center.
To solve the problem:
One way to solve the problem might be to download the sources of ffmpeg or winff and then compile and install it from the source instead of installing from the ubuntu software center.
But there is also another easy way to solve the problem ; you just need to install “libavcodec-extra-52″ or “libavcodec-extra-53″
You need to install one of the packeges listed above.
So go to the terminal ( press ctrl + alt + t ) and type the following command:
sudo apt-get install libavcodec-extra-52
and if it does not works or you get “package not found” error then try:
sudo apt-get install libavcodec-extra-53
This will solve the error Unknown encoder ‘libmp3lame’.
- [info] Why can’t windows ( notepad ) display Linux text files properly? Windows text editors like notepad cannot display the text files...
- Right angled triangle and Application of right angled triangle Right angled triangle. Properties of Right Angled Triangle. What is...
- Programming Concepts Step of Programming The programming is the coding instruction...
- [How to] Insert slideshows on WordPress Blogs WordPress is one of the fastest growing free and open...
- [How To] Create Windows 7 Bootable USB Device USB bootable Operating system can be a good solution if...