Probability is the branch of mathematics which deals with the study of random phenomenons and probability of occurrence of events.
Some basic probability formulas are:
Notations use in Probability:
= probability of event A.
= probability of event A or B.
= probability of event A and B.
1. Probability of an event “A” is:
= (Number of outcomes favorable to “A”) ÷ (Total numbers of outcomes)
2. For any two events “A” and “B” :
3. For any three events “A” , “B” and “C”:
4. For mutually exclusive events “A” , “B” and “C” ( or if and
5. For two independent events “A” and “B”:
6. If is the event complimentary to “A” then:
7. If the occurrence of event “A” is dependent on the occurrence of event “B” then:
- Set Theory formulas Set Theory is a branch of mathematics which deals with...
- Algebraic Formulas Algebra is one of the most basic part of mathematics...
- Simple Interest formulas Interest is a type of fee paid for assets and...
- Ratio and Proportion Formulas As you know Ratio is a relation between two quantities...
- Compound Interest Formulas Compound Interest is a method of determining the interest or...