[How To] Lower the memory usage of Firefox
Does your computer slow down when you run Firefox? If yes, we have a solution to this. Firefox is one of the most popular browser worldwide and is known for its memory consumption.
If your computer slows down after surfing for a while then it’s due to the cache memory of Firefox. You can lower the amount of memory that Firefox uses for caching.
In this method Firefox releases memory space that are no longer in use, when minimizing Firefox.
Steps for releasing Memory space when minimizing Firefox:-
1. Firstly, open your Firefox and go to about:config
2. List of Firefox configuration are displayed, find browser.cache.disk.capacity with the help of filter box.
3. Double click on browser.cache.disk.capacity and lower its value to 20000.
4. Now, create a New Boolean named config.trim_on_minimize and set its value to True.
5. Finally, restart Firefox.
Through this process the RAM consumption is decreased and cache memory is freed when minimizing the Firefox. After, following the above steps your computer will run fast than before.
- Memory Management Memory: It is part of computer which stores data the...
- Facebook Sidebar Chat on Mozilla Firefox Facebook lunched on February 2004, is a social networking service....
- [How To] Create Windows 7 password reset disk Windows 7 Password Reset disk is one of the advance...
- Processes Scheduling queue As processes enter the system they put in job queue....
- [How To] Password Protect Google Chrome Simple startup password is a great plugin for Google chrome....