Half-time is the period of time taken for the amount of substance undergoing decay to decrease by half. Hife-life is used to describe entities, such as radioactive atoms.
Some of the important questions and answers of Half-life are listed below:-
1. The value of depend upon:
(a) Mass of substance
(b) External factors like temperature, pressure
(c) Physical and chemical changes
(d) None of these
2. If is 1580 years the value of average life and disintegration constant are respectively?
3. If of a radio active substance of 10 kg is 100 years what will it be for 10 gm of this substance at very high pressure?
(a) 200 yrs.
(b) 100 yrs.
(c) 50 yrs.
(d) 400 yrs.
4. The half-life of a radio active] compound is 50 years. What % of it will de compose after 200 yrs.
(a) 75 %
(b) 82. 5%
5. The isotopic mass of is 238.125 a.m.u. its packing fraction is:
6. The half-life of radioactive K-40 is 5.27 years, and is . The decay activity of 2 gm of the sample is nearly?
- (d) 2. (a) 3. (b) 4. (c) 5. (a) 6. (b)
- Half Angle formulas Half Angle formulas. Trigonometric half angles formula. Half angle formula...
- Compound Interest Formulas Compound Interest is a method of determining the interest or...
- Simple Interest formulas Interest is a type of fee paid for assets and...
- Algebraic Formulas Algebra is one of the most basic part of mathematics...
- Atoms and Molecules Worksheets Atoms and Molecules worksheets The atom is a unit of...