Types of Equilibrium worksheet
The state of reversible reaction in which the concentration of the reactants and products do not change with time is called chemical equilibrium.
There are two types of equilibrium.
1. Homogenous Equilibrium and
2. Heterogenous Equilibrium
Here, you can find some questions related to “Equilibrium types” and their answers:
1. A reversible reaction is said to have attained equilibrium, when:
(a) A backward reaction stops
(b) Both backward and forward reactions take place at equal speed
(c) Both backward and forward reactions stop
(d) Concentration of each of the reactants and products becomes equal
2. The equilibrium between water and its vapour, in an open vessel:
(a) Can be achieved
(b) Depends upon pressure
(c) Can not be achieved
(d) Depends upon temperature
3. Chemical equilibrium is dynamic in nature, because:
(a) The equilibrium is maintained rapidly
(b) The concentration of reactants and products is constant but different
(c) The concentration of reactants and products becomes same at equilibrium
(d) Both forward and backward reactions occur at all times with same speed.
4. A liquid is in equilibrium with its vapour at its boiling point. The molecules in these two phases will have equal:
(a) Potential energy
(b) Internal energy
(d) Kinetic energy
5. Just before attaining equilibrium by a reversible reaction, it is found that:
(a) Velocity of forward reaction decreases but backward reaction increases
(b) Velocity of both forward and backward reactions decreases
(c) Velocity of both forward and backward reactions increases
(d) Velocity of forward reaction increases but that of backward reaction decreases
6. A characteristic feature of reversible reactions is that they:
(a) Proceed to completion
(b) Never proceed to completion
(c) Proceed to completion when the concentration of the reactants decreases
(d) Proceed to completion when the concentration of the reactants increases
7. The reaction is an example of:
1.(b) 2. (c) 3. (d) 4. (d) 5. (a) 6.(b) 7. (d)
- Worksheet on Chemical equilibrium Chemical equilibrium is used to describe the condition on which...
- Chemical Equilibrium Equilibrium exhibits the state of a process at which the...
- Characterstics and Factors Influencing Equilibrium constant Characteristics of Equilibrium Constant 1. It has a definite value...
- Factors Influencing Equilibrium Concentration The effect of temperature, pressure and adding reactants or products...
- Worksheet on Chemical Kinetics Chemical Kinetics deals with the study of chemical reaction with...