Applications of Electrolysis
Applications of Electrolysis are as follows:
(a) In the determination of equivalent mass.
(b) In electroplating: Here an inferior metal is coated with a superior metal to make it corrosion proof and attractive.
(c) In electrotyping.
(d) In electro refining of the metals like Cu, Ag, Au etc.
(e) In electrometallurgy.
E.g. Na from .
Al from .
Mg from .
(f) In the manufacture of certain compounds such as
- Electrolysis The process of chemical decomposition of the electrolyte by the...
- Faraday's law electrolysis Faraday's law electrolysis Michael Faraday (1834) stated two laws on...
- Applications of Le-Chateller's Principle I. In the Study of Physical Equilibrium (A) Effect of...
- Applications of Bond Energies Applications of Bond Energies are listed below:- 1. Determination of...
- Efficiency of Heat Engine The efficiency may be defined as "The fraction of heat...