Factors Affecting Adsorption
Adsorption of gases on solid surface depends upon:
(1) Nature of gas or adsorbent:
Adsorption Critical temperature of gas
van der Waal’s force of attraction (a)
(2) Effect of Temperature: Adsorption
Since adsorption is exothermic.
(3) Pressure : At constant Temperature
(4) Surface area of Adsorbent: Larger the surface area of adsorbent more will be active centers and faster will be the rate of adsorption.
(5) Activation of Solid Adsorbent: When adsorbent is sub-divided or already adsorbed gases are removed, it becomes activated adsorbent and rate of adsorption increases.
- Adsorption The phenomenon of adsorption was introduced by Scheele during the...
- Adsorption worksheet Adhesion of atoms, ions, biomolecules or molecules of a gas,...
- Factors Influencing Rate of Reaction Some important factors which influence the rate of reaction are...
- Graham’s Law of Diffusion Graham’s Law of Diffusion (1829): This law states that, “At...
- Absorption Isotherm worksheet Absorption Isotherm is the process of studying adsorption with the...