Trigonometric multiple and sub-multiple angle formulas
Trigonometric multiple and sub-multiple angle formulas:
Prerequisite: Please consider studying following topics before you study this article for better grasp and understanding:
In this tutorial we shall derive formula for trigonometric functions of multiple and sub-multiple angle , For example:
Trigonometric multiple angle formulas:
Under the trigonometric multiple angle formulas we shall derive the formulas for double and triple and trigonometric formulas which are listed below:
Double Angle Formulas:
If In the trigonometric Addition and subtraction formulae we put angle A=B then we can easily derive following double angle formulas:
From the cosine double angle formula above ; we can also derive:
Triple Angle Formulas:
We shall now Derive the formulas for triple angle formulas for Sine and Cosine.
We know ,
Trigonometric Sub-Multiple angle formulas:
We shall now derive the trigonometric formulas for half angle formulas.
Half angle formulas:
By replacing by In the double angle formulas above we can easily derive the following half angle formulas:
- Trigonometric functions of negative angles Trigonometric functions of negative angles. How to find trigonometric functions...
- Integration by trigonometric substitution integration by trigonometric substitution: One of the most powerful techniques...
- Derivatives of inverse trigonometric functions Inverse trigonometric functions are the inverse of trigonometric functions ....
- Pythagorian Identities Fundamental Pythagorian identity of trigonometry and other basic trigonometric formulas...
- Trigonometric Addition and Subtraction formulae Trigonometric Addition and Subtraction formulae. Angle addition Addition and subtraction...